Perhaps these things are obvious to everyone else but it’s taken me 43 years.
1. You only get one body in this life.
2. If you don't talk much, people will think you are smarter.
3. Water is the best, but single malt Scotches rock.
4. True guru-style wisdom is always a surprise and it comes out of people you’ve started to tune out: Small children. Crazies. Your grandma who says the same thing over and over again. If you are paying for this kind of language (other than in books) or feedback (other than in therapy) you will not receive.
5. Fast music, even if you don’t like it, really does make you work out harder.
6. When you exercise, you will have more energy, yes, even that same day.
7. Caffeine really does make you smarter.
8. It is truly just as easy to fall in love with a rich man.
9. Driving and crossing the street are extremely risky behaviors.
10. April really is the cruelest month, but May, November, and January suck smooth red monkey hiney most years, too.
* * * Comments * * *