- summer 2007 -- fountain cokes at several lunch joints are flat or improperly syrup'ed.
- fall 2007 -- increased incidence of food poisoning.
- winter 2007 -- deli meat has been frozen, texture ruined.
- nov 1, 2007 -- no one brings leftover Halloween candy in to the office.
- fall 2008 -- lots of broken windows in neighborhood, with handwritten "we're open" signs.
- september 2008 -- half of restaurants with flat cokes close.
- october 2008 -- dumpster divers in Harpers Ferry, W.V., report that grocery stores are no longer throwing out food.
- november 2008 -- windows still broken, signs still handwritten.
- nov 1, 2008 -- a little bit of candy makes it in, but you have to ask.
* * * 0 comments * * *