- THIS POST IS UPDATED with all the posts from entrants. The contest is CLOSED! Thanks to all who participated or helped spread the word!
I strongly encourage widowed folks to attend. To make it easier, I am helping to run this blogging contest, funded by a group of friends.
Widowed Bloggers -- win a ticket to Camp Widow!
Write a post sharing WHY you want to attend Camp Widow 2011. Notify us that you posted by leaving a comment on this post (below) to make sure we see it (you can also send us a note.)
Camp Widow is a exceptional weekend for widowed people of all ages. We will choose one (possibly two) bloggers to receive a PARTIAL scholarship that covers Camp registration and some incidental expenses. NO ACTUAL CAMPING IS INVOLVED. Learn more about this event, which is in its third year, at campwidow.org.
How do I enter?
Please write and publish a blog post telling the world WHY you wish to attend. You can include topics such as how you expect to benefit, or share about some of the widowed people you've already met. You do not need to demonstrate financial need though if you wish to write a separate note discussing your financial circumstances, you may do so.
Who is eligible to compete?
Widows and widowers of all ages who started blogging before 4/1/11 and who are interested in attending Camp Widow 2011. Please note: you should be prepared to pay for and arrange your travel to and from, and your lodging in San Diego. (We can help you find a roommate to reduce costs). If our generous donors can pay more, they will, but please don't apply unless you are prepared to make the trip (including arranging child care, taking time off work, etc.).
Summary and dates
- You must publish your blog post AND notify us by midnight EST, * * * Tuesday, June 14. * * *
- We will notify the winner(s) within 2 weeks.
- Camp Widow will be held August 12 to 14. Details are at campwidow.org.
Questions? Want to help fund this scholarship? We want to hear from you.
(Disclosure: This competition is hosted, managed, and funded by an independent group of widowed bloggers. We're not being compensated for creating this competition and those judging entries are not eligible to win.)
Here are the folks who've entered our competition so far!:
- Carolyn, Through a Widow's Eyes, We Widowed as Community, Camp Widow as Village Square
- James, JamesPinnick.com, Camp Widow 2011
- Christine, Widow Island, A new beginning... again
- Maria, Missing Jorge, Fantasy Camp
- Greggie's Widow, And I thought I loved you then..., Love, Tears, Laughter, Support, (In Person) Hugs... Camp Widow
- Nancy Drew, Get a Clue with..., Camp Widow
- MPdaCNA, If I could write a book..., Thursday... It's almost here
- C, Letters to Elias, What does it mean?
- And our last entry... Kim, Live from the 205, Camp Widow 2011!