11.30.2009

T.G.I.O.



Thank God it's over. November, the month of great suckage. People died. Memories arrived and churned and therapy was skipped. Friends announced divorces. Lights dimmed, I got lost, we moved house and spent money. Exciting projects began, then sputtered as their parts were too hard to find among the many boxes. I managed to blog EVERY DAY this month and thus fulfill NaBloPoMo, but I think I broke every other promise I had outstanding.

Yes, thank you, I do expect a trophy. Polly Pocket scotch-taped to a maraca will do nicely.

NaBloPoMo wasn't easy, but I learned stuff. Posting daily greases your wheels, forces you to think different, to reach a bit. Mostly? I just really don't want to talk about it anymore. I read the victory posts of other bloggers today and I hear the same word-fatigue, senseless quiet, silly satisfaction everywhere.

I'll admit I made many new friends and cemented my interest in some important topics, gained a wee bit of traction on my next life, but I'm too tired to think about it, and my back is starting to go again.

Upcoming posts: lots of dark true tales, a few bright insights, and a review of a movie that stars cute little fuzzy toys with weapons.

* * * Comments * * *

4 comments:

Andrea Renee said...

Amen to that! (the end of November - the month of great suckage!)
Congrats on your move and whatever it is that you called blogging every day, too! xoxo

Heather said...

Congrats on the blog a day for a month. I did that in May and it is not an easy thing to do!

Widow in the Middle said...

Does it still count if I posted 30 posts in Nov. even though i missed some days and doubled up on others? I do agree with you that blogging daily kind of made me more focused and better able to process all that was going on.

Supa Dupa Fresh said...

Thanks!

WITM, No, not only are you supposed to post once a day (not just 30 times) but you're supposed to sign up on the NaBloPoMo site by Nov. 1.

They do a sort of mini-NaBloPoMo every month and there's a whole community online at their site, so check it out if you can't wait till next November for the "official" event.

X

Supa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...