10.21.2008

I Guess I Do Vote With my Bush

When I started dating, I told myself I didn't care much about politics (on Match, I picked "prefer not to say") but after the date with a guy who said TWO real howlers, I knew I felt differently.

This is what my date said:
(1) "Reagan started out okay, but...."
and
(2) "The first time I voted for Bush...."

I wasn't sure if it was the politics or that he was dumb enough to say those things on an early date. I fooled myself into thinking that given the public's rage about the war, even a Republican girl might have been turned off.

I had more than enough other evidence that this date was not bright. It was the politics.

And so after that I only took positions with others who shared my positions.

* * * 0 comments * * *

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...